i have been wanting to post on this topic for so long.
Friends. what is friend and what make a person your friend?
according to Dictionary.com, Friend is :
- a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.
- a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter: friends of the Boston Symphony.
- a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile: Who goes there? Friend or foe?
and according to TheFreeDictionary.com, Friend is :
- A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts.
- A person whom one knows; an acquaintance.
- A person with whom one is allied in a struggle or cause; a comrade.
Friendship is a relationship between two people who hold mutual affection for each other. Friendships and acquaintanceship are thought of as spanning across the same continuum. The study of friendship is included in the fields of sociology, social psychology, anthropology, philosophy, and zoology. Various academic theories of friendship have been proposed, including social exchange theory, equity theory, relational dialectics, and attachment styles. (Wikipedia)
The value of friendship is often the result of friends consistently demonstrating the following:
- The tendency to desire what is best for the other
- Sympathy and empathy
- Honesty, even in situations where it may be difficult for others to speak the truth
- Mutual understanding and compassion; ability to go to each other for emotional support
- Enjoyment of each other's company
- Trust in one another
- Positive reciprocity — equal give-and-take between the two parties
- The ability to be oneself, express one's feelings and make mistakes without fear of judgement.
Throughout the years I've spend in UiTM both Segamat and Puncak Perdana, I have come to realized that not everyone are not as honest in being my friend as I am to them.
Before I enrolled as UiTM student, I happened to be a very loud, happy - go - lucky and extrovert kind of person. However, after all the bad and nasty things that took place in UiTM made me a different Eiza Kamarul. I can no longer make friends easily like how i used too. Apparently, I am not the only one who noticed the changes in me. A few of my close friends has brought this matter as they were confused why am i being quite and reserved when meeting new sets of people and etc.
I used to be the kind of girl yang orang cakap "campak kat mana-mana boleh hidup and buat kawan" and I tend to think positive of everyone as in, if im honest in being their friends so they would be honest being mine as well but people has never failed to prove me wrong.
I used to believe in "people can change if they have been given the chance for them to change" so, I keep on giving them chances so they would change and be a better person because i don't believe in the kind of friendship who simply ditch your friends when they slipped or do something wrong. I believe that as a friend, I should have be there for them and walk it through with them.
I would do anything for my friends even if I've only met you once because i appreciate the friendship even though I know that you've said nasty stuff about me, i still forgive you and treat you as one of my friend. maybe I'm wrong for being so positive on people.
Up to last year, I've gave up on the people I called friends because they were never there when i needed them and they will only noticed my existence when they were in need. I started to have those negative thoughts on people as if everyone is going to stabbed me in the back. I hate those feelings. The feeling of insecurity that everyone is going to hurt me.
So, now i chose to be surrounded by a small circle of friends rather that a huge group of friends because i think that
"Biar kena label sombong and tak ramai kawan dari kawan bersepah tapi hipokrit semata"
p/s: sorry for the long post guys. thank you for reading it anyway. ^_^